I love thinking about how we’ll create our own traditions and rituals as a family. Neither Matthew or I are religious but we grew up celebrating Easter and are continuing that with Peter.
I’ve put together a little basket for him, with a few spring books and a stuffed Jessie Cat from Sing & Sign (he gets SO excited when she comes out to sing with them in class). He’s too young for chocolate eggs but I got it in my head that I wanted to bake him a little Easter treat.
I came up with these. They’re quick, easy, and use just a few ingredients that you may already have around the house. I got bunny cookie cutters from Home Bargains et voila!
Baby Bunny Biscuits
2 cups rolled oats
1 overripe banana
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. cocoa powder (optional)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder (optional)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Blend your oats into a fine powder. Pour into a mixing bowl and combine with the cocoa powder and cinnamon if using.
- In a separate bowl, mash your banana and mix with your coconut oil and water until it forms a fairly smooth consistency. Stir in vanilla extract if using.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface to a 1/4 inch thick and cut into adorable bunny shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes until golden on the edges and firm but not crunchy.